REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Monday, January 9, 2012, 5:30 pm
Wray Finney Building #400, Mustang Room #129
1415 North 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order, roll call and establishment of a quorum
2. Introduction of Visitors
3. Instructional Leaders: Kem Crowell, Christi Smith, Jack Whitman and David Darnell to give Reports & Updates
Asst. Superintendent: Wade Walling – presentation on Character First. Presentation of CKTC’s audit by Jerry Putnam, of Putnam & Company PLLC, Presentation by Shawn Freie and Dennis Ruttman pertaining to Business incubator.
4. Superintendent’s Reports and Anticipated Discussion by Board and Staff:
Update on Wichita-Snider Mechanical Pymt
Oklahoma Liquid Asset Pool (OLAP)
TCTW Leaders Quorum January 21st
Dr. Berkenbile update
Board Recognition Month
Pre-Engineering donations received
5. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. December 12, 2011, Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
b. General Fund warrant numbers in the amount of $772,476.80, Building Fund warrant numbers in the amount of $6719.71. General Fund Encumbrance’s #913-1005 and #70347-70358 in the amount of $ 68,723.00 and Building Fund $ 0 including change orders and appropriations for FY11-12 from reports dated December 31, 2011.
c. Treasurer’s reports for bank statement dated December 31, 2011
d. Activity Fund report for bank statement dated December 31, 2011
e. Transfer of $87,661.27 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S. § Section 5-129
f. Transfer of attached list of Surplus for disposal through the online auction site Public Surplus.com
6. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove CKTC’s audit as presented by Jerry Putnam, CPA of Putnam
& Company, PLLC
b. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove establishing and partnering in an Economic Development
c. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove establishing business incubator on CKTC campus.
d. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove CKTC’s School Calendar for the FY12-13
e. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove expenses for staff and students participating in Local, State and
g. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove notice of non-renewal of contract to provide vending serviceswith Coca-Cola effective June 30, 2012
i. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove purchase from quotes for new fleet vehicle.
7. Discuss and vote to approve or disapprove purchase from quotes, for digital sign at highway 9 entrance.
8. Pursuant to 25 OS§ 307(B)(1). Proposed to convene into Executive Session to discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take possible board action on the following:
a) Evaluate and renew or not renew contract for Superintendent Dennis Ruttman for FY12-13
9. Board President’s statement regarding Executive Session.
10. Motion, consideration and vote to renew or not renew Superintendents contract for FY12-13.
11. New Business – This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions, and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, table, reaffirm, rescind, or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Administration Building – Caddo Kiowa Technology Center
January 6, 2012, and 4:15 p.m.
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education