Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Content

Financial Aid


Financial Assistance Programs Available

Financial assistance is available at Caddo Kiowa Technology Center to provide assistance to students who, without aid, would be unable to attend school.

Financial assistance consists of grants and needs based payments, (if funds are available), which may be offered to students individually or in various combinations depending on the degree of need. In determining student need, an analysis is made to determine what may be expected from the income, assets, and other resources of the student and/or parent(s).

Need Based Aid

Federal Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant Program is a Title IV entitlement program in which a student’s eligibility is determined by a standard formula set by the U.S. Department of Education. The awards are calculated by the financial aid office following these standards and are based on family size and financial situation of the student and family. It is also calculated based on the number of clock hours attended throughout a school year.

Any post-secondary student who has not received a B.S. or B.A degree may apply by obtaining a free Federal Student Aid application from the financial aid office or by going online to website. Within 2-4 weeks the student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) stating eligibility. This report includes a summary of application information and the determination of eligibility index. This index is the result of computations involving the financial and non-financial data submitted on the application. The method for computing eligibility applies to all dependent and independent students uniformly. Students may be required to document financial information by submitting copies of U.S. transcripts. The specific computations involved in the calculation may be obtained by contacting the Financial Aid office.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant is a Student State Incentive Grant. The grant is awarded from funds made available by state law and where applicable, other contributing partners. Students automatically apply for OTAG by completing the FAFSA application for their pell grant.

Eligibility requirements include

  • All Pell Grant eligibility requirements,
  • Must be a legal resident of Oklahoma as determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE),
  • FAFSA application completed and submitted by the FAFSA (OSRHE) deadline.
  • Attend an approved Oklahoma post-secondary institution,
  • Demonstrate financial need as determined by OSRHE, and
  • Maintain the same guidelines for Satisfactory Academic Progress that apply for pell grants.


Eligible applicants are funded on a first-come, first served basis until all funds have been awarded. This is why completing your FASFA application as soon as possible is important. The OSRHE determines annually the amount of award allotted to each student from the school. It is calculated on the student enrollment of part-time or full-time. The OSRHE determines eligible students. Disbursements for OTAG are twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. The award will be posted to the students account. If there is no outstanding balance, a refund for the award will be issued back to the student.

Oklahoma’s Promise

Oklahoma’s Promise is an Oklahoma Scholarship that students apply for in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade. Student eligibility is determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE).

Eligibility requirements include

  • Students take a required list of academic classes and maintain a GPA of 2.5,
  • Students must complete a FAFSA application for the award year of their first year of attending a post-secondary education institution which will provide the required second income check,
  • Enroll in a course that is offered through a cooperative agreement with a degree granting institution. and
  • Maintain the same Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines that apply for pell grants.


Oklahoma’s Promise funds will be posted to the students account. If there is no outstanding balance, a refund for the award will be issued back to the student. Students who believe they may be eligible should contact the financial aid office for assistance. 17 - CKTC

Bureau of Indian Affairs/Tribal Funding

The BIA awards educational grants to students who meet their eligibility requirements. Such grants may cover tuition, supplies and living expenses. These requirements, along with benefits, and satisfactory academic progress standards are administered by each individual agency. Assistance could vary with each student dependent upon need. Students who are on the tribal roll, and who think they may qualify should contact their Tribal Agency Educational Department for more information.

Workforce Investment Act

WIA programs are available for those facing employment barriers or that qualify as a dislocated worker. Native Americans may be eligible for WIA through their tribal offices. Applicants must meet WIA economic, employment and geographical guidelines, which are determined by a WIA counselor. Criteria for eligibility and SAP standards are administered by the local WIA office. CKTC is on the approved list of training providers in the state of Oklahoma. Students that think they may qualify should contact our local Workforce Oklahoma office at 580-252-8159.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides jobs for students who qualify for financial aid to allow them to earn money for school expenses. The amount of your FWS award depends on financial need, hours worked and funding available for the program. Students who are interested in applying can pick up an application in the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid coordinator will provide a copy of the work study manual that explains eligibility requirements and expectations of student employees.

Non-Need Based Aid

CKTC Scholarship

In-the-district high school graduates from CKTC partner schools or in-the-district High School Equivalency Certificate recipients who re¬ceived their certificate within the district can receive up to a $2500 scholarship towards tuition for the completion of one career major in a full time program. Students can use the scholarship until their 22nd birthday. All students who meet the eligibility requirements receive scholarships.  The student will be responsible for the cost of instructional supplies.

Vocational Rehabilitation

This is a program of assistance for individuals that are physically or mentally disabled. Services include testing, psychological evaluation, medical examination and counseling services. In some cases Vocational Rehabilitation pays tuition, fees, books and supply costs. Student eligibility and SAP standards are administered by the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (ODRS). Students who think they may qualify should contact a Vocational Rehabilitation counselor or the Financial Aid coordinator for referral to a counselor.

Oklahoma Career and Technology Foundation Scholarships

Scholarships for school related expenses are offered to students through the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education twice a year, pending the availability of funds. Students interested in applying can pick up an application in the financial aid office.


Cost of Attendance

Room and Board

CKTC does not provide campus housing.

Debt at Program Completion

CKTC does not offer student loans; therefore the debt at program completion is not applicable to CKTC students.

Student Withdrawal

A student desiring to withdraw from CKTC must notify the program instructor and Student Services and complete the withdrawal form which is available in Student Services. CKTC will coordinate the withdrawals of high school students with partner schools. Students are responsible for clearing any financial obligation and for returning any CKTC property prior to withdrawal completion.

CKTC will abide by the following refund policy if the student officially withdraws through Student Services:

100% tuition refund if student withdraws on or before the first day of each semester. After the first day of class of each semester there is no refund. CKTC does not have a buy back policy on books and supplies.

Once the student has completed the withdrawal process and it has been determined that the student is due a refund, a check will be processed and available within two working days.

The withdrawing student must sign a “Request for Refund” in Student Services. The Director of Student Services will be responsible for calculating refunds that are not Title IV.

Consumer Disclosures

Placement Rate Methodology

CKTC’s job placement rate is based upon students that are working at jobs related to the field of study within 12 months of completing their program. If there are less than 10 students that completed within the school year being reported, then this information is not provided due to privacy laws. Students excluded from this figure are those that didn’t complete the program.